My mental health issues and recovery are mostly based on understanding my trauma from childhood. So all these books have a central theme of childhood trauma and recovery. I will update them whenever I read more on these.
This is the list as of August 2020
- Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving by Pete Walker
- The Drama of the Gifted Child: The Search for the True Self
- Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents: How to Heal from Distant, Rejecting, or Self-Involved Parents by Lindsay C. Gibson
- Will I Ever Be Good Enough?: Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers by Karyl McBride
- Healing the Children of Narcissists: Essays on The Invisible War Zone by Shahida Arabi
- The Book You Wish Your Parents Had Read: (And Your Children Will Be Glad That You Did) by Philippa Perry